From Skeptical Voter Wiki
He is the Labour Party candidate in the 2012 Police and Crime Commissioner elections in Nottinghamshire.
In May 2008 in the abortion amendments to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill (now Act), Paddy Tipping voted for the abortion time limit to be lowered to 22 weeks against scientific and medical consensus which is currently 24 weeks. After four separate parliamentary votes on varying time limits, the majority of MPs voted to keep the abortion time limit at 24 weeks, in keeping with scientific and medical consensus, hence no abortion amendments were added to the bill.
In January 2010, Paddy Tipping proposed Early Day Motion 682: Protection for Polar Bears, which begins with the statement "That this House notes that the survival of the polar bear (Ursus maritimus) is threatened by climate change as well as the commercial trade in polar bear products, such as fur skins".
- ↑ http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200607/cmselect/cmsctech/1045/104502.htm
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/682
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other details at the External Links above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!