From Skeptical Voter Wiki
In September/October 2010, Elfyn Llwyd signed Early Day Motions 707: Government Funding for UK Science, and 767: Science is Vital Campaign. Both motions supported investment in science in the face of cuts anticipated in the coalition government's forthcoming spending review.
The House of Commons Science and Technology Committee report of October 2007 had found no good evidence of change since the limit was set in 1990, and hence no new reason for a reduction. However, it acknowledged that this was only one of many factors to be taken into account when legislating, and did not make any recommendations as to how MPs should vote.
Libel Law Reform
In February 2010, Elfyn Llwyd signed Early Day Motion 423 calling for a reform of the English libel law. The motion noted that human rights activists, scientists, writers and journalists are currently prevented from publishing, and the public prevented from reading, matters of strong public interest due to the chilling effect of the law.
- ↑ http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=31313
- ↑ http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=41667
- ↑ http://edmi.parliament.uk/edmi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=41727
- ↑ http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=2008-05-20&number=203&mpn=Elfyn_Llwyd
- ↑ http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200607/cmselect/cmsctech/1045/104502.htm
- ↑ http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetails.aspx?EDMID=39987
Further Information - Your help needed!
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on sceptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other details and edit this page to add them!
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas to find out about what this MP thinks - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!