From Skeptical Voter Wiki
In May 2008 in the abortion amendments to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill (now Act), David Evennett voted for the abortion time limit to be lowered to 20 weeks against scientific and medical consensus which is currently 24 weeks. After four separate parliamentary votes on varying time limits, the majority of MPs voted to keep the abortion time limit at 24 weeks, in keeping with scientific and medical consensus, hence no abortion amendments were added to the bill.
Mr Evennett voted for Nadine Dorries’s amendment to the Health and Social Care Bill on 7 September 2011, which was ultimately defeated by 368 to 118 votes. This amendment would have stopped BPAS and Marie Stopes from providing counselling for women with unwanted pregnancies and allowed ‘independent’ counselling including that provided by faith-based organisations.
In 2006, MPs were asked three questions by the Rough Guide's Mark Ellingham on how seriously they took climate change as politicians and as responsible, active citizens. David Evennett replied:
- "Climate change is one of the most important challenges the country faces in the next century, and we must act now to avoid catastrophic consequences in the future. We have real problems with carbon emissions and waste recycling, and the Government and individuals need to do more to counteract climate change."
- ↑ http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200607/cmselect/cmsctech/1045/104502.htm
- ↑ http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201011/cmhansrd/cm110907/debtext/110907-0002.htm#110907-0002.htm_div339
- ↑ http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/climate-change-what-mps-think---d-to-f-424395.html
- ↑ http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=2013-02-05&number=151&mpn=David_Evennett
- ↑ http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=2013-05-21&number=11&mpn=David_Evennett
- http://www.davidevennett.com/ (mirrored at http://davidevennett.wordpress.com/ and http://www.davidevennett.org.uk/)
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other details at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideass - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!