From Skeptical Voter Wiki
Luciana Berger is a member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Integrated Healthcare.
In June 2010, Luciana Berger signed Early Day Motions 284: BMA Annual Representative Meeting Motions on Homeopathy, and 285: Effect of Homeopathic Remedies on Breast Cancer Cells. A few days later she signed the additional EDM 342: British Medical Association Motions on Homeopathy.
In August 2010 Ms Berger was contacted by Michael Marshall, a member of Merseyside Skeptics Society and a 10:23 campaigner, explaining the scientific case against homeopathy: http://www.merseysideskeptics.org.uk/2010/08/dear-luciana-berger-mp-homeopathy-really/
In was subsequently reported that the two had met, and Ms Berger had explained that she supported homeopathy because her grandmother used it, and it was unlikely that she would change her mind on the issue.
In October 2010, Luciana Berger signed Early Day Motion 767: Science is Vital Campaign. The motion stated that the house "believes that continued investment in research is vital in order to meet the technological and social challenges of the 21st century, and to continue to attract high-tech industries to invest here; further believes that large cuts to science funding are a false economy, due to evidence that research investment fuels economic growth".
- ↑ http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/register/integrated-healthcare.htm
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/284
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/285
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/342
- ↑ https://twitter.com/skepticalvoter/status/327796111374966784
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/767
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!