From Skeptical Voter Wiki
In May 2008 in the abortion amendments to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill (now Act), Andrew Stunell voted for the abortion time limit to be lowered to 20 weeks against scientific and medical consensus which is currently 24 weeks. After four separate parliamentary votes on varying time limits, the majority of MPs voted to keep the abortion time limit at 24 weeks, in keeping with scientific and medical consensus, hence no abortion amendments were added to the bill.
Andrew Stunell has signed a number of Early Day Motions that support the use of herbal medicines. These include EDM 1103: Traditional Herbal Medicinal Products Directive (2005), EDM 2080: Herbal Remedies (2008), and EDM 295: Statutory Registration of Herbalists (2009).
Andrew Stunell signed the February 2009 Early Day Motion 754: MMR Vaccine and the Media supporting the use of the MMR vaccine. The motion expressed disappointment with the reporting of the vaccine by Jeni Barnett on her LBC radio show in January 2009, and expressed the hope that future reporting of the issue of MMR would be less sensationalist and more evidence-based.
Libel Law Reform
In January 2010, Andrew Stunell signed Early Day Motion 423 calling for a reform of the English libel law. The motion noted that human rights activists, scientists, writers and journalists are currently prevented from publishing, and the public prevented from reading, matters of strong public interest due to the chilling effect of the law.
- ↑ http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200607/cmselect/cmsctech/1045/104502.htm
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/1770
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2005-06/1103
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2007-08/2080
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/295
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2008-09/754
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2009-10/423
We don't currently have much information on this politician's positions on sceptical issues. Why not help us fill this in?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other details on TheyWorkForYou.com and edit this page to add them!
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas to find out about what this MP thinks - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!