From Skeptical Voter Wiki
Lomas is currently doing a PhD looking at cancer biology and the design of new anti-cancer drugs.
The Nutt Affair and Evidence-Based Policy
In a blog post of 31st October 2009 titled "The denigration of science for political expediency is wrong", Lomas tackled the sacking of Professor David Nutt from the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs. He wrote that it "casts aspersions on the role of scientists in informing public policy if evidence-based approaches are jettisoned in favour of spurious morality judgements."
On 23rd February 2010, following the publication of The Science and Technology Committee's report on homeopathy, Lomas posted on Twitter:
- So, we're all agreed; homeopathy is a stinking pile of uselessness and it beggar's belief that the NHS ever funded it in the 1st place.
- ↑ http://www.wycombelabour.org/andrew-lomas
- ↑ http://www.labourlist.org/denigration-science-expediency-wrong-nutt-johnson-lomas
- ↑ http://twitter.com/andrewlomas/status/9534426716
- ↑ http://twitter.com/andrewlomas/status/9889463836
We don't currently have much information on this politician's positions on sceptical issues. Why not help us fill this in?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas to find out about what this candidate thinks - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!