From Skeptical Voter Wiki
On her campaign website, under the title "My Politics", Heidi Alexander lists a number of "I believe..." bullet points, including:
- "I believe that we have an urgent responsibility to tackle climate change."
In October 2010, Heidi Alexander signed Early Day Motion 767: Science is Vital Campaign. The motion stated that the house "believes that continued investment in research is vital in order to meet the technological and social challenges of the 21st century, and to continue to attract high-tech industries to invest here; further believes that large cuts to science funding are a false economy, due to evidence that research investment fuels economic growth". It made specific references to the work of the Science is Vital coalition and the Campaign for Science and Engineering.
Choice at the End of Life
Ms Alexander is the Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Choice at the End of Life. "The APPG on Choice at the End of Life is interested in both our current rights at the end of life and also in extending those rights in certain situations and within safeguards. We believe that all people approaching the end of life should have access to good quality palliative care, and have access to clear information on their rights and choices around access to care and treatment decisions. We also believe that terminally ill mentally competent adults should have the option of an assisted death subject to strict safeguards."
- ↑ http://www.heidialexander.org.uk/?page_id=183
- ↑ http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2010-12/767
- ↑ http://www.appg-endoflifechoice.org.uk/who_we_are
- ↑ http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmallparty/register/choice-at-the-end-of-life.htm
- ↑ http://www.appg-endoflifechoice.org.uk/our_aim
- ↑ http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=2013-02-05&number=151&mpn=Heidi_Alexander
- ↑ http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/division.php?date=2013-05-21&number=11&mpn=Heidi_Alexander
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!