Pharmaceutical Trial Data/Tamiflu
Mr Barclay was a member of the Public Accounts Committee for their report "Access to clinical trial information and the stockpiling of Tamiflu", issued January 2014. The report minutes show that he attended the meeting approving the report, but not the oral evidence session.
Stephen Barclay voted in favour of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill at its third reading in May 2013.
In February 2015 Stephen Barclay voted in favour of allowing mitochondrial donation, which would allow women who carried mitochondrial diseases to give birth to children who would not inherit the disease. An October 2014 briefing report by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA), which had been investigating the issue for three years, stated that there was no evidence to show that mitochondrial donation was unsafe. However, some religious groups had said that such procedures should not be allowed. After clearing both Houses, mitochondrial donation is now legal, regulated by the HFEA.
- HTML: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmpubacc/295/29502.htm
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!