The Big Questions
Ms Malhotra appeared on the BBC's "The Big Questions" television show in March 2011. Questions asked included "Should creationism ever be taught in schools?" and "Should you only tick the box if you go to church?". Unfortunately we haven't been able to find any information about how she approached these questions.
In February 2015 Seema Malhotra voted in favour of allowing mitochondrial donation, which would allow women who carried mitochondrial diseases to give birth to children who would not inherit the disease. An October 2014 briefing report by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA), which had been investigating the issue for three years, stated that there was no evidence to show that mitochondrial donation was unsafe. However, some religious groups had said that such procedures should not be allowed. After clearing both Houses mitochondrial donation is now legal, regulated by the HFEA.
- http://seema-malhotra.blogspot.com/ (also http://www.seemamalhotra.com/)
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!