Ruth Davidson is a Conservative list MSP for the Glasgow region. She entered the Scottish Parliament at the May 2011 general election, having also stood as a constituency candidate for Glasgow Kelvin. She had previously stood for election in the Glasgow North East UK constituency.
In November 2011 she was elected leader of the Conservative Party in Scotland.
In October 2011, Ms Davidson was interviewed on BBC Radio Scotland and spoke in favour of faith schools, both existing, mainly Roman Catholic, schools and potential Church of Scotland schools. Her principal reason was that they offer choice to parents, though she also indicated that they use the basis of their teachings to provide a "moral compass".
Ms Davidson was one of a number of Conservative Party politicians to sign a December 2012 letter to the Telegraph in support of same-sex marriage. It also noted:
- "We feel strongly that religious freedom must be protected. This means that religious groups should be allowed to conduct same sex marriages if they choose, but equally none should be compelled to do so."
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!