Richard Toby Coke
In an April 2010 election campaign speech, Mr Coke said:
- "Now I want to talk about man made climate change. UKIP is the only party that has not fallen for the global warming scam. Sure the climate is changing. It always has. It always will.
- "There are now quite a few books written about this scam, refuting the apocalyptic claims put out by the warmists, e.g. "Air Con" by Ian Wishart and "The Real Global Warming Disaster" by Christopher Booker. Do not take my word for it. I implore you to read the books and make up your own minds.
- "The warmists, led by the likes of former US Vice President, Al Gore, and the UN IPCC have brainwashed everyone from governments to school children world wide and defrauded just about everyone on this planet. They put forward an ideology that is blind fundamentalism, unrelated to scientific facts. Politicians of the 3 old failed parties build new bureaucracies and pose as environmental saviours without having to face the consequences of their actions. Heads must roll. Meanwhile, this planet will do as it has always done, change."
And in the same speech, talking about reducing government spending:
- "A good place to start the cutbacks would be the climate change sector of the Met Office, whose job it is too keep the scare stories coming on global warming and predict yet another "barbecue" winter or summer. After all it is pretty simple - you program a computer with garbage - it will spew out even more garbage. This would save about £150m out of a total cost of just over £200m pa to run the Met Office."
Writing in 2013 about local council elections:
- "[Other parties stand for...] The pathetic obsession with global warming and the disastrous Climate Change Act, resulting in the utterly useless renewable energy program, with the end result that millions of families are faced with the stark choice of HEAT or EAT and energy intensive industries are forced to relocate overseas. Expect the black outs to come soon."
- http://www.richardcoke.co.uk/speech.html FreezePage: http://www.freezepage.com/1418724215OCJYWYRMZO
- http://www.richardcoke.co.uk/ FreezePage: http://www.freezepage.com/1418724632GSNQPMKSMK
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!