Richard Brodie was the Liberal Democrat candidate for Ayr, Carrick and Cumnock and for Dumfries and Galloway in the 2015 and 2010 UK general elections; for Dumfriesshire in the 2011 Scottish general election, and for Scotland in the 2014 European elections.
Skeptical Voter Questionnaire Response 2010
1. Do you support the use of NHS money to provide unproven health products such as homeopathy?
2. Should schools be allowed to teach creationism as an equivalent theory to evolution?
3. Do you believe that religious belief should be legally protected from ridicule?
4. Should an independent government adviser whose views in their area of expertise conflict with government policy be able to express those views publicly?
5. Should religious courts such as Sharia and Beth Din be recognised as alternative systems within UK law?
6. Do you agree that testing on animals (within strict criteria) is a necessary part of the development of medicines?
7. Should policy-makers trust scientific evidence even when it appears counter-intuitive?
8. Do you think that abortion time limits should always be determined by the current scientific and medical consensus?
9. Should religious leaders be entitled to vote in the House of Lords?
10. Do you support the reform of English and Welsh libel law to allow a stronger 'public interest' defence?
My answers are:
Q10 Don't know - would need to do a lot of research
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!