In 2007, as a councillor in Lisburn, Givan was responsible for a proposal to write to local schools asking what plans they have to develop teaching material in relation to "creation, intelligent design and other theories of origin". Givan was quoted as saying:
- "I have never believed in the theory of evolution and, like many people, believe in the teaching of creation. I believe science points to creation but our schools are teaching a very narrow remit and many exclude alternative theories to evolution."
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!