In 2012 a post on Mr Findlay's website reported that he was urging people submit a response to the NHS Lothian homeopathy consultation to "help protect and retain this service". He was quoted:
- "Homeopathy is the latest service under threat at St Johns. It seems that a week can’t go by without us hearing of another service under threat. We need to protect local services not allow the Scottish Government and NHS Lothian to gradually dismantle them. I would urge people to respond the consultation."
Prior to the 2014 Scottish Labour leadership election, Mr Findlay was contacted by Abortion Rights Committee Scotland in regards to his views on abortion. In his reply he stated:
- I cannot imagine the anguish and the range of emotions that any woman goes through when faced with the decision of whether to terminate a pregnancy. It must be a heart-breaking choice which will affect that person for the rest of her life. The 1967 Abortion Act was a necessary piece of legislation we must never, ever return to the dark days of back street abortionists where women suffered and died in the grimmest and most desperate of conditions.
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!