Autism and MMR Vaccinations
Mr Fraser notes on his website that he "serves as a voluntary Parliamentary Advisor to the Autism Treatment Trust" (accessed August 2015). This statement has been on Mr Fraser's website since at least February 2011.
In June 2012 Mr Fraser asked a parliamentary question: "To ask the Scottish Executive what its position is on the judgement in Italy in the case of Valentino Bocca relating to MMR inoculations and autism." In July 2012 Bill Welsh, president of the Autism Treatment Trust, wrote an article in which he stated that the court in Rimini had "ruled that a child had become autistic as a direct result of an MMR vaccination". Bill Welsh was previously chairman of Action Against Autism, a group that has been characterised as "anti-vaccine campaigners". An overview of the case of Valentino Bocca can he read here (the Rimini court's decision was overturned in a court of appeals in February 2015).
Faith and Politics
Genetically Modified Crops
In August 2015, on news the SNP government would take advantage of EU rules and not allow GM crops to be grown in Scotland, Mr Fraser was quoted as saying:
- "Many of Scotland’s research institutions have been at the forefront of developing this technology, but have been stymied by the SNP’s Neanderthal approach to GM foods. All the SNP’s stance will do will drive research out of Scotland into other parts of the UK and Europe and send the message that this Government prefers superstition to science,"
- Defeating Autism: A Damaging Delusion, Michael Fitzpatrick (2008) Google Books
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!