Michael Jabez Foster
- This page is about Michael Jabez Foster, former MP for Hastings and Rye. For Michael John Foster, former MP for Worcester, see Michael Foster.
In May 2008 in the abortion amendments to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill (now Act), Michael Jabez Foster voted for the abortion time limit to be lowered to 20 weeks. After four separate parliamentary votes on varying time limits, the majority of MPs voted to keep the abortion time limit at 24 weeks, hence no abortion amendments were added to the bill.
The House of Commons Science and Technology Committee report of October 2007 had found no good evidence of change since the limit was set in 1990, and hence no new reason for a reduction. However, it acknowledged that this was only one of many factors to be taken into account when legislating, and did not make any recommendations as to how MPs should vote.
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on sceptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other details on TheyWorkForYou.com and edit this page to add them!
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!