In May 2008 in the abortion amendments to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill (now Act), Maria Eagle voted to keep the current time limit of 24 weeks in line with the scientific and medical consensus.
In 2006, MPs were asked three questions by the Rough Guide's Mark Ellingham on how seriously they took climate change as politicians and as responsible, active citizens. Maria Eagle replied:
- "1: Climate Change is one of, if not, the most pressing challenge the world faces. The UK has placed this at the top of its agenda with the UK leading the G8 and EU on this issue. The Prime Minister has made a number of speeches on this with words to this effect."
In her role as Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, speaking in Parliament:
- April 2014: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2014-04-03a.1034.0
- July 2014: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2014-07-17a.1000.5
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!