Marc Ramsbottom was the Liberal Democrat candidate for Manchester Central in the 2012 by-election. He previously stood for election in the 2010 general election, and a Liberal Democrat Councillor for the Manchester City Centre Ward.
Skeptical Voter Questionnaire Response 2010
Do you support the use of public funds to provide unproven health products such as homeopathy?
- I remain sceptical about such remedies, and would tend not to support using public funds unless they can be medical validated.
Do you think that abortion time limits should always be determined by the current scientific and medical consensus?
Do you agree that testing on animals (within strict criteria) is a necessary part of the development of medicines?
- Yes, but they must be strictly regulated and shown to have proven medical benefits.
Should schools be allowed to teach creationism as an equivalent theory to evolution?
Should religious courts such as Sharia and Beth Din be recognised as alternative systems within UK law?
Do you believe that religious belief should be legally protected from ridicule?
Should religious leaders be entitled to vote in the House of Lords?
Should an independent government adviser whose views in their area of expertise conflict with government policy be able to express those views publicly without fear of being sacked?
Should policy-makers trust scientific evidence even when it appears counter-intuitive?
Do you support the reform of English and Welsh libel law to allow a stronger 'public interest' defence?
- Undecided. Would need more information.
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check the information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!