Ms McInnes studied biochemistry at the University of Oxford and the University of Surrey, and prior to her election worked as a senior biochemist at the Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
Asked about her views by a local church in the run-up to the 2014 by-election:
- "Abortion is a very emotive issue, and I fully understand that people hold very strong views, both against abortion, and in favour of the law as it stands. I do not support a change in the current law, as I think any woman, who may be in a very difficult situation for a number of reasons, should have the right to choose. That days of ‘backstreet’ abortions are thankfully behind us, and I think a change in the law would risk a return to such practices. I understand people may have different views to me, and I fully respect their right to hold different views."
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check the information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!