Labour Humanist Group
The Labour Humanist Group are a humanist organisation affiliated with the Labour Party that campaigns for humanist and secular causes. The Labour Humanists’ patrons are Lord Kinnock, and Angela Eagle MP.
According to the Labour Humanist Group's website:
- The Labour Humanist Group exists to spread awareness of humanism and humanists within the Labour Party and to promote humanist and Labour values. We are committed to:
- Fostering a commitment to equality and universal human rights, including the freedom of religion and belief for all people;
- Promoting a rational approach to bioethical, medical and scientific issues as the best guarantee of human progress;
- Defending and advancing secular government and an open society as the best model of a society where all can be included;
- Advocating an inclusive and accommodating education system which can meet the needs of children and parents of different religions and beliefs in a framework common to all, and opposing faith schools and academies;
- Defending the secular nature of our public services.