Revision as of 15:26, 15 April 2015 by Skep (Non-Stunned Slaughter)
In February 2015 Jonathan Davies and Alasdair Hill published a joint letter on animal slaughter practices:
- Next Monday parliament debates the proposed ban on non-stunned slaughter practises in Britain. This will effectively ban religious slaughter and see the end of Kosher and some Halal meat production in the country. We fully support the right for individuals to follow rituals that are central to their faith and community, and which stand as a defining custom in their way of life. The Jewish Shechita involves a procedure in which the animal is simultaneously stunned and killed and is carried out by highly trained specialists.
- It is simply inconceivable that in a liberal democracy communities should have their fundamental right to follow religious custom denied. Nick Clegg has recently stated that; "The Liberal Democrats have never adopted any policy that threatens the right to shechita, and it is my intention that we never shall." As Liberal Democrats we defend this right and do not support the attack on the values of the communities in the celebrated diversity that we have here in Barnet.
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their details at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!