Skeptical Voter Questionnaire Response
1. Do you support the use of NHS money to provide unproven health products such as homeopathy?
All NHS procedures should be subject to evaluation by the National Institute for Clinical and Health Excellence.
2. Should schools be allowed to teach creationism as an equivalent theory to evolution?
3. Do you believe that religious belief should be legally protected from ridicule?
Yes, including agnosticism and atheism. A free society will not remain free unless it can protect itself from intolerance.
4. Should an independent government adviser whose views in their area of expertise conflict with government policy be able to express those views publicly?
5. Should religious courts such as Sharia and Beth Din be recognised as alternative systems within UK law?
If all parties freely consent to the procedure I can see nothing against it. My understanding is that the content of Shaira law is contested, so there would need to be consent to the particular version of the law being applied.
6. Do you agree that testing on animals (within strict criteria) is a necessary part of the development of medicines?
7. Should policy-makers trust scientific evidence even when it appears counter-intuitive?
8. Do you think that abortion time limits should always be determined by the current scientific and medical consensus?
9. Should religious leaders be entitled to vote in the House of Lords?
Until it is properly reformed, yes.
10. Do you support the reform of English and Welsh libel law to allow a stronger 'public interest' defence?