John Bickley was the UKIP candidate for Heywood and Middleton in the 2015 general election, and for Wythenshawe and Sale East, Heywood and Middleton and Oldham West and Royton in Parliamentary by-elections in 2014 and 2015.
Asked about his views by a local church in the run-up to the Heywood and Middleton 2014 by-election:
- "...in principle I’m against abortion. However, if a parent is told that the unborn child they are carrying has a crippling medical condition or will contract a debilitating disease in the future I would find it extremely difficult and somewhat arrogant to tell them that they can’t terminate the pregnancy should they wish to do so, after receiving extensive counselling and medical advice. We have an abortion law which whilst imperfect is trying to address many conflicting interests. Currently, I think it’s too easy for people to choose abortion and although I don’t want to drive abortion underground would like to see the law tightened up so aborting healthy foetuses is not acceptable."
Promotion of Same-Sex Marriage
In October 2014, Mr Bickley tweeted without comment a link to a news article with the headline "New Government Regulations 'Compel' Schools to Promote Same-Sex Marriage". The article quoted the Coalition for Marriage a number for times, and rhetorically asked "what kind of Stalinist Thought Police can we expect to rule over state schools?"
November 2014, Mr Bickley tweeted a link to a Daily Telegraph article - Climate change is a problem. But our attempts to fix it could be worse than useless https://twitter.com/johnbickleyukip/status/529641967420858368
January 2015, Mr Bickley tweeted a link to a Breitbart News article - MIT Climate Scientist: Global Warming Believers a 'Cult' https://twitter.com/johnbickleyukip/status/558256557201190912
April 2015, Mr Bickley tweeted a link to a Daily Telegraph article by Christopher Booker - Top scientists start to examine fiddled global warming figures https://twitter.com/JohnBickleyUKIP/status/592253538035757057
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- Contact them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!