In May 2008 in the abortion amendments to the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Bill (now Act), Joan Walley voted to keep the current time limit of 24 weeks in line with the scientific and medical consensus.
Libel Law Reform
In January 2010, Joan Walley signed Early Day Motion 423 calling for a reform of the English libel law. The next month, she transferred her signature to the amended EDM 423A1. The original motion noted that human rights activists, scientists, writers and journalists are currently prevented from publishing, and the public prevented from reading, matters of strong public interest due to the chilling effect of the law. The amended version added a statement of the belief that "libel laws discriminate against average and low paid people when victims of defamatory comment in the pages of national publications".
Joan Walley is a member of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Integrated Healthcare.
In June 2010, Joan Walley signed Early Day Motions 284: BMA Annual Representative Meeting Motions on Homeopathy, 285: Effect of Homeopathic Remedies on Breast Cancer Cells, 286: Homeopathic Medicines in the Treatment of Moderate to Severe Depression, and 287: Homeopathy and Chronic Primary Insomnia.
Joan Walley is the Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Climate Change Group whose purpose is "To raise awareness of the threat of climate change and to promote policies to counter that threat"..
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on sceptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other details on TheyWorkForYou.com and edit this page to add them!
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas to find out about what this MP thinks - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!