In June 2013, following NHS Lothian's decision to stop funding for homeopathic remedies, Mr Eadie was quoted in the press:
- "It is a matter of deep regret that NHS Lothian have taken this decision without robust consultation or meaningful public engagement. Many patients who currently access the benefit from homeopathic services will be extremely disappointed.
- "This short-sighted decision goes against the views of patients and clinicians, along with MSPs in all parties, and I will continue to oppose this decision in the interests of patient choice, good-quality and cost-effective healthcare."
In June 2015, Mr Eadie was present (as a substitute member of the Public Petitions Committee) at the presentation and discussion of a petition to the Scottish Government in support of the NHS Centre for Integrative Care (CIC) in Glasgow, and opposing the reluctance of health boards to refer patients to the CIC. The CIC offers therapies including anthroposophic medicine, acupuncture, homeopathy and mistletoe therapy. During the presentation, Mr Eadie quoted Nicola Sturgeon in support of homeopathy. He later stated that:
- "I am particularly keen for us to write to all the NHS boards in Scotland that have decided either to stop funding services in their area or to stop making referrals to the CIC. Coatbridge has been referred to, but NHS Lothian has also decided to stop funding homoeopathy services. I would like the health boards to explain the rationale for those decisions. I would like to understand, in each case, the consultation process that was followed before those decisions were made."
From his Register of Interests:
- I was employed by the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI) between October 2002 and December 2007. I was Director of ABPI Scotland between October 2003 and December 2007.
- I am a past member of the Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC) and the Scottish Life Sciences Industry Advisory Group (IAG).
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!