Jim Allister is the leader of Traditional Unionist Voice, and a member of the Northern Ireland Assembly for North Antrim. He was previously a DUP MEP, but lost the seat when standing for re-election under the TUV banner.
In a 2012 article in the Belfast Telegraph on the fundamentalist Christian group the Caleb Foundation, Mr Allister was quoted as saying:
- "I'm generally supportive of their issues. Yes, I would not mind being described as that (a supporter of the Caleb Foundation).
- "I would have met with them from time to time... to discuss political issues with a religious tinge.
- "I'm also not uncritical of them. I have had issue where they take a very commendable stand on a number of moral issues, but they shy away... from the moral issue of whether it is right to have convicted terrorists in the government."
However they do not state what question he was responding to when he said this.
- October 2012: http://www.jimallister.org/default.asp?blogID=2739
- March 2013: http://www.tuv.org.uk/press-releases/view/1789/allister-speaks-in-defence-of-the-unborn
- October 2013: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/ni/?id=2013-10-08.3.151
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them (alternative) to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other details at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!