Ms Allen has a degree in Astrophysics from UCL. She has worked for companies including ExxonMobil and the Royal Mail, and as the managing director of company.
In October 2015, during a debate on an Opposition movement calling on the Conservative Government to reverse its decision to cut tax credits, Ms Allen made her maiden speech. In her speech Ms Allen criticised the Government decision, saying "I believe that the pace of these reforms is too hard and too fast. As the proposals stand, too many people will be adversely affected." However, she also stated that she believed the Opposition was "wrong to say that we must not touch tax credits" and accordingly voted against the motion.
- Hansard: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201516/cmhansrd/cm151020/debtext/151020-0003.htm#151020-0003.htm_spnew3
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check the information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!