For their summer 2008 edition, Humanitie magazine approached the main Scottish political parties with a series of questions on the intersection of education and religion. Hyslop responded in her role as Education Secretary, "on behalf of the government but not on behalf of the SNP".
When asked "Does your party consider that ‘Intelligent Design’ should be part of the science curriculum?", Hyslop responded:
- "Intelligent Design is not specifically addressed in the draft experiences and outcomes for science which were released by Learning and Teaching Scotland in September 2007. We have no plans to change this."
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on sceptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!