For their summer 2008 edition, Humanitie magazine approached the main Scottish political parties with a series of questions on the intersection of education and religion. Elizabeth Smith responded in her role as Education Spokesman on behalf of the Scottish Conservative Party.
When asked "Does your party consider that ‘Intelligent Design’ should be part of the science curriculum?", Smith responded:
- "The science curriculum should provide pupils with a knowledge of scientific fact and a wide range of scientific theory. It should not adhere to one view."
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on sceptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!