Elin Jones is the Plaid Cymru member of the Welsh Assembly for Ceredigion. She entered the Assembly at its creation in 1999. From July 2007 until May 2011 she was Minister for Rural Affairs in the coalition government.
With Jones as Minister for Rural Affairs, the Welsh coalition government prior to 2011 supported a cull of badger to help control bovine TB. However the utility of a cull had been criticised by some in the scientific community.
In June 2011 the Labour government in Wales announced that an independent panel of experts would examine the evidence for badger culling, and there would be no cull during the review. Jones was quoted as calling the announcement a "slap in the face" for farmers.
- http://www.english.elinjones.plaidcymru.org/ - English
- http://www.elinjones.plaidcymru.org/ - Welsh
- http://elinscampaign.blogspot.com/ - campaign
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other details at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!