Mr Philp studied physics at Oxford University. After graduating, he worked in the City before setting up his own business.
Short interview about his political views from 2008: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2008/sep/04/conservatives1
In a blog post of 9th March 2010, titled "The Government has let Science Down", Mr Philp gave his opinion on the current state of science education and suggestions for how to fix it. He highlights falling student numbers and falling rigour as problems, and concludes by saying "If we don't act to address these issues, society will be poorer in every sense."
Asked in 2008 if he would reduce the abortion limit from 24 weeks, Mr Philp replied "I am happy with leaving it where it is."
- http://www.chrisphilp.com/blog/58 (broken Jan 2014)
- https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisPhilpForMP (Videos from 2010 election campaign in Hampstead and Kilburn)
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for details at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!