Chris Hunt is a Conservative councillor for Ashtead Village Ward on Mole Valley District Council.
In February 2012, Mr Hunt tweeted a link asking people to sign the Coalition for Marriage petition which stated:
- "I support the legal definition of marriage which is the voluntary union for life of one man and one woman to the exclusion of all others. I oppose any attempt to redefine it."
The Coalition for Marriage describes itself as "an umbrella group of individuals and organisations ... backed by politicians, lawyers, academics and religious leaders". They are supported by the Evangelical Alliance and former Archbishop of Canterbury Lord Carey, and have connections with other Christian groups.
The group claims it "draws upon a substantial body of evidence". Science and evidence-based politics blogger Martin Robbins described their argument as "confused, irrational and ultimately self-defeating".
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!