In a news item on her website dated 26th February 2010, titled "Local campaigner calls for the Government to trust our doctors", it was stated that Annunziata Rees-Mogg had "called on the Government to trust doctors to make the right medical decisions and not enforce the recommendations from the Science and Technology Select Committee. Their findings would prevent our doctors from using homeopathy as an option for NHS patients, making it only available to those who can afford to pay". This was in reference to the recently published Science and Technology Committee report that had been critical of the use of homeopathy on the NHS.
Rees-Mogg was then quoted as saying "I benefited from [homeopathy] many years ago when I saw a practitioner in Frome for eczema, which conventional medicine had failed to cure. Ten years on and it has never recurred. There are plenty of people like me who have benefited from homeopathy, whether it is scientifically proven or not."
- One skeptic's view against: http://www.dcscience.net/?p=3528
- One skeptic's view for: http://stumbles.org.uk/john/Steiner/
- http://www.arees-mogg.com/ (mirrored at http://annunziata.co.uk/)
We don't currently have much information on this politician's positions on skeptical issues. Why not help us fill this in?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!