February 2013: http://www.margaretmccartney.com/blog/?p=1706
July 2013, following coalition government announcement that legislation on plain packaging would be delayed: http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2013-07-12a.679.0
In an interview with the Guardian in 2008, asked about whether she thought the 24 week abortion limit should be reduced Ms Soubry replied:
- "I have always been a firm supporter of a woman's right to chose. I am openminded on the 24 week limit but at the moment I am not persuaded of any reason to interfere with the 1968 act."
In February 2015 Anna Soubry voted in favour of allowing mitochondrial donation, which would allow women who carried mitochondrial diseases to give birth to children who would not inherit the disease. An October 2014 briefing report by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA), which had been investigating the issue for three years, stated that there was no evidence to show that mitochondrial donation was unsafe. However, some religious groups had said that such procedures should not be allowed. After clearing both Houses mitochondrial donation is now legal, regulated by the HFEA.
- http://www.annasoubry.org.uk/ (also http://www.anna4broxtowe.com/)
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical and other issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!