Andy Stranack was the Conservative Party Parliamentary candidate in the 2012 Croydon North by-election. He stood in Camberwell and Peckham in the 2010 general election, and was on the Conservative Party list for the 2012 London assembly elections.
On his 2012 by-election campaign website, concerning Croydon schools:
- Hindu-ethos school
- We have a number of great Christian schools in the borough and the Al Khair Islamic school. It would be great to have a Hindu-ethos school. Our Conservative Council is working with the Avanti Trust to help them bid for funding and our candidate, Andy Stranack, will do everything he can to help.
In November 2012, the "Inside Croydon" blog sent a number of questions to the Croydon North by-election candidates. Mr Stranack's answers can be found at: http://insidecroydon.com/2012/11/19/election-questions-andrew-stranack-conservative/
On the issue of abortion, one question was "Should the term for abortion be shorter than 24 weeks?". Mr Stranack answered:
- My main concern is that children with disabilities can be aborted after the 24-week limit. I think that this sets a precedent at the very start of life that people with disabilities are second-class citizens. The truth is that every human being is a mixture of abilities and disabilities and we need to be honest about this fact.
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- Contact them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check the information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!