Skeptical Voter Questionnaire Response 2010
1. Do you support the use of NHS money to provide unproven health products such as homeopathy?
2. Should schools be allowed to teach creationism as an equivalent theory to evolution?
3. Do you believe that religious belief should be legally protected from ridicule?
4. Should an independent government adviser whose views in their area of expertise conflict with government policy be able to express those views publicly?
5. Should religious courts such as Sharia and Beth Din be recognised as alternative systems within UK law?
6. Do you agree that testing on animals (within strict criteria) is a necessary part of the development of medicines?
I'm sceptical as to the value of animal testing for human benefit - Human testing has by definition got to be better.
7. Should policy-makers trust scientific evidence even when it appears counter-intuitive?
Yes - but this evidence should be properly explained to policy makers so they can understand it.
8. Do you think that abortion time limits should always be determined by the current scientific and medical consensus?
No - I agree with current abortion policy but I do think there is a moral dimesion here that has to be taken into account but I am by no means anti abortion. I think the scientific and mediacla consensus should weigh very heavily in decisions by policy makers though
9. Should religious leaders be entitled to vote in the House of Lords?
No and there shouldn't be a House of Lords - we need an elected 2nd chamber
10. Do you support the reform of English and Welsh libel law to allow a stronger 'public interest' defence?