Alun Michael is the 2012 Labour Party candidate for Police and Crime Commissioner in South Wales. He was MP for Cardiff South and Penarth from 1987 before standing down in October 2012 in order to stand for election as PCC.
He is also the elected Chair of the Christian Socialist Movement.
Alun Michael proposed the October 2009 Early Day Motion 2052: Climate Change which stated that "this House believes that climate change poses a serious threat to all". In January 2010 he signed Early Day Motion 524: Recognising Climate Change which states that "this House agrees that climate change is happening and is man-made" and calls this statement a "fact, which has the support of the overwhelming majority of the scientific community".
- http://www.alunmichael.net/ - PCC candidate site
- http://www.alunmichael.com/ - MP site
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check their voting record and other details at the External Links above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!