Smoking in Cars in the Presence of Children
Mr Cunningham writing about his Private Member's Bill: http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2011/06/26/comment-smoking-ban-is-needed-to-protect-chil (June 2011)
BMA calls for an outright ban on smoking in cars: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15744352 (November 2011)
In September/October 2010, Alex Cunningham signed Early Day Motions 707: Government Funding for UK Science, and 767: Science is Vital Campaign. Both motions supported investment in science in the face of cuts anticipated in the coalition government's forthcoming spending review.
Politics and Religion
Mr Cunningham interviewed by Christians in Parliament: http://vimeo.com/88452084
In February 2015 Alex Cunningham voted in favour of allowing mitochondrial donation, which would allow women who carried mitochondrial diseases to give birth to children who would not inherit the disease. An October 2014 briefing report by the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA), which had been investigating the issue for three years, stated that there was no evidence to show that mitochondrial donation was unsafe. However, some religious groups had said that such procedures should not be allowed. After clearing both Houses mitochondrial donation is now legal, regulated by the HFEA.
- https://twitter.com/StocktonNorth - Twitter account for election campaign
Why not help us expand this page with more details of this politician's positions on skeptical issues?
- E-Mail them to ask for their opinions (and tell us about it by editing this page!)
- Check for information at the External Links listed above.
- Search the media for mentions of them and their positions on issues.
- Use your own brilliant ideas - but make sure you can back them up with a citation!